Commercial success is driven by the strength and vitality of a company’s market identity. As companies compete vigorously to increase their market share, it usually involves competing for customers through advertising and promotions.
We can do more than tell. Our clients are the disruptors, market makers and even renegades of the global economy who seek to convert breakthrough ideas into breakthrough products and rare skills into innovative services.
Our team of seasoned lawyers advises clients as they launch, develop and explore. Our approach is customer-centric and designed to integrate seamlessly and efficiently with today’s and next-generation entities that evolve at the speed of business.
Like our customers, we’re here to win, whether it’s entering the market, gaining market share, outsmarting competitors or protecting profits.
What we do: Our Complete practice
We excel in providing sound advice on all aspects of advertising, promotions and marketing. Regardless of the maturity stage of our clients, from growth-focused start-ups to multinationals with operations and clients around the world, we work closely with our clients to develop sophisticated strategies to create and grow brands and marketing content while pursuing their most important business. Goals.
Our interdisciplinary team provides a full range of services, from the initial stages of selecting company and product names, launching and exploiting the unique features of products and services, to the later phases of advertising and promotional campaigns in prices and the protection of customers against competitors.
Wilson Sonsini’s considerable experience working with clients in areas critical to the success of their businesses includes, for example:
- Advertising and marketing claims and promotional campaigns (email marketing and messaging, contests and sweepstakes, consumer coupon offers, loyalty programs, discount promotions, gift cards and special offers)
- Brand selection, brand promotion campaigns and brand protection
- Marketing and advertising agreements and business transactions driven by brands, content and advertising (including strategic alliances, partnerships and joint ventures; asset sales and spin-offs; advertising agency and public relations; and content and brand licensing, among others)
- Testimonials, recommendations and influencers
- Personalized advertising, including attribution of liability issues between advertisers, publishers, ad networks, lead generators, data matching services, and other entities in the ad technology ecosystem
- Data collection, intelligence and marketing research
- Social media marketing and website issues, including domain names, social media handles and commercial speech issues
- Advertising agency initiatives, media relations requests and public relations initiatives
- Regulatory advice and response to agency inquiries and reviews
Who we represent: our clients in key industries
Our team works with clients ranging from innovative start-ups to industry leaders in a wide variety of technology sectors, including:
- Blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Clean energy
- Communications and Networking
- Consumer products and services
- Data storage
- Digital health
- Digital Multimedia Entertainment
- Electronic game
- Financial services
- FoodTech and Agtech
- Global Generics
- the Internet
- Medical equipement
Our scope of practice: global reach and capabilities
Although we align well with key commercial markets in the United States and around the world, we work with our customers wherever they engage in business and compete. For example, our team in Brussels regularly engages with EU regulators and can guide companies through EU rules on personalized advertising and dark patterns, as well as the proposed Artificial Intelligence Act. In select regions of the world, we work closely with a trusted network of global advisors to guide our clients as they grow in competitive international markets.
Whether we are assisting the early stages of a client’s entry into new or established markets or advising market leaders aiming to protect their market share, our team is adept at designing comprehensive and proactive strategies that help customers to enter, run and leverage this account the most for their businesses.