To celebrate Singapore’s 56th birthday on August 9, take advantage of several offers at FairPrice as part of its National Day campaign.
It takes place from today through August 18 at all FairPrice outlets, including supermarkets, FairPrice Finest, FairPrice Xtra, Warehouse Club and FairPrice Online.
Kicking off the first week of the campaign today through August 4 is the Buy-1-Get-1-Free promotion on these popular products.
In this hot and humid weather, indulge yourself anytime and anywhere with Yeo Chrysanthemum Tea, the popular drink with notes of yellow chrysanthemum flowers and a delicate floral sweetness.
Beat the heat with Yeo’s Chrysanthemum Tea with Wolfberry 6 x 25ml ($ 2.90), a FairPrice exclusive, or Yeo’s Chrysanthemum Tea Sugar Free 6 x 25ml ($ 2.60) for those who prefer a healthier choice.
For something hearty yet easy to cook for the whole family, Arumi Frozen Korean Pancakes Kimchi / Seafood ($ 7.90) offers hassle-free, traditional Korean-style pancakes with a rich kimchi or seafood flavor.
Then get that extra nutritional boost with Eu Yan Sang Essence of Chicken 12 ($ 39.80), made from premium 100% pure chicken essence with no added caramel.
It is suitable for all ages and anytime, and can be eaten daily, fresh or reheated.
Remember to stay clean, hygienic, and germ-free during this Covid-19 pandemic with the FairPrice 4×15 Antibacterial Wet Wipes ($ 3.10), which effectively kill 99.9% of bacteria.
Dermatologically tested and suitable for sensitive skin, each wipe is enriched with vitamin E, aloe vera and chamomile extract, keeping the skin hydrated and soft.
Create your own red and white National Day dish and share it
In the spirit of celebrating National Day, Families For Life’s (FFL) annual red and white recipe campaign encourages families to spend more time with each other and bond around baking or cooking. cooking their favorite red and white dessert or dish.
Its second edition is taking place between now and August 22, during which families can visit the FFL website for inspiration on the two-tone recipes and pick up the ingredients from FairPrice outlets to create the dessert or main course.
In addition to having fun cooking or cooking at home, families can also enter the FFL Red & White Recipes social media contest by sharing a photo of their creation on the FFL Facebook page to win vouchers. online purchase.
For more information on the FFL Red & White Recipes campaign, visit familiesforlife.sg or https://www.fair chauffage.sg/recipes/.
Panna Cotta with Strawberry Compote Recipe
Contributed by MasterChef Singapore Season 2 winner Mr. Derek Cheong, this serves six, with a prep time of three to four hours, making it an intermediate dish to perform.
- 200g fresh strawberries
- 100g of sugar
- 10g lemon juice
- 240g whipped cream
- l30g of sugar
- 5g of gelatin powder
- 250g of milk or 120g of roasted almond milk (MasterChef tip)
- 100g almonds
Rhubarb jelly (MasterChef tip)
- 300g fresh rhubarb (chopped)
- 100g of water
- 50g of sugar
- 4 g of powdered agar agar
- 2g of gelatin powder
Mint powder (MasterChef tip)
1. Add sugar to the strawberries and let stand in the refrigerator overnight to extract the strawberry juice.
2. Cook the mixture in a saucepan with lemon juice until it becomes jammy.
3. Melt the gelatin powder in 10g of milk and set aside.
4. Add milk or roasted almond milk, whipping cream and sugar to a saucepan, stirring constantly.
5. Add the flowery gelatin mixture and stir to melt.
6. Once melted, set aside.
Milk of roasted almonds
7. Toast the almonds in the oven at 180 ° C for three to four minutes until toasted.
8. Combine the toasted almonds, milk and almond milk. Leave to infuse overnight, then pass through a fine sieve lined with cheesecloth to remove all the almond chips.
For a MasterChef level dish, challenge your family with these extra steps
9. Mix the gelatin in 10g of water.
10. Heat the rhubarb, water and sugar in a saucepan until they become jammy.
11. Add the agar agar powder and gelatin to the cooked mixture and whisk to combine.
12. Pass the combined mixture through a fine sieve.
13. Place the mint leaves in a dehydrator or oven on low heat until they are dry.
14. Pass through a spice blender and pass through a fine sieve to obtain the mint powder.
15. Store in the refrigerator and keep it covered to prevent lumps from forming.
Assembly of ingredients
16. Pour the panna cotta into a glass cup and let stand.
17. Once the panna cotta is set, add the strawberry compote and garnish with fresh mint.
18. (Optional) Once the milk has set, pour in the rhubarb jelly mixture and let stand before adding the strawberry compote. Garnish with powdered mint.