Promoting sites to top search is a great and affordable way to earn money and self-advertise. However, everyone knows that SEO requires simple, step-by-step work, which can seem like too time-consuming.
Today we would like to discuss several top ways to improve your SEO results and your Google search rankings.
Most of our SEO techniques are suitable for all sites. So here are the top tips you can use for promoting a website on Google:
- competition analysis;
- work with domains;
- collection of semantics;
- site markup for search robots;
- uniqueness and indication of the authors;
- work with content;
- increased citations and external links;
- correction of technical errors.
Above, we are going to discuss the most effective and, at the same time, the easiest methods.
Elimination of technical errors
We’d love to open our top with this technique for a reason. These days, most site owners (even newcomers) know all about completion, parsing, and even semantics. But what really bothers most sources are technical errors.
First of all, we may be faced with the wrong choice of redirect when you need to redirect the user from one page to another. You can often see error codes like “301” (Google excluded this page from the index using redirect), “302” (for a temporarily closed page – for example, when an article is out of stock).
Each site has a so-called crawl budget. This is the volume of pages that a search robot processes per day. Redirection errors will waste that budget on unnecessary pages, and the entire site will not be indexed, which is especially critical for large resources.
Experts recommend avoiding duplicates i.e. repeating a page / content. Search engines have a negative attitude towards duplicates. Bots simply cannot figure out which of the duplicates is considered the main one.
Errors in the code will also cause much more nasty consequences than you might think. Be careful with the layout, including the micro-markup. Layout errors can result in incorrect indexing or “invisibility” of content for Google.
Either way, technical errors are too complicated an area to deal with, especially if you are just starting your SEO operator. The problem requires some experience and skills that special online services can compensate for. Nowadays, you can check website for errors using free or fairly affordable apps / resources.
SEO Competitor Analysis
Before you start to elevate a site in search, you need a competitive analysis. First of all, try to estimate what is going on in organic search in your field and region and if you can benefit from it here. Thus, you will understand whether it makes sense to devote all resources to promoting SEO websites.
Remember, SEO is work with a long-term result, it won’t start bringing increases right away, and the higher the competition, the longer it will take to reach the top.
Once you have decided to conduct a large-scale analysis, pay special attention to:
- If you can see sufficient demand in your area. You can also research locals income and interest statistics to gauge how well received your product can be.
- That you are offering products / services that are too exotic. If the product is unknown, there will be no organic claims for it. People are just not familiar with the concept and therefore are not looking for it. In this case, we recommend that you run a massive advertising campaign to generate interest in the product and start raising your site to the top.
- Quality of competing sites. Analyze their inbound links using various SEO tools, rate content quality (uniqueness, topic coverage, photos and video), check usability level.
Development of a semantic core
The semantic core is a collection of all the queries by which your site can appear in search results. Therefore, the more you include such elements in your content, the more you will be able to promote your source in search. This will mean to the search engine that your content fully meets the needs of the users.
Again, to improve your position on Google, you can borrow the experience of better performing colleagues. It’s easy to collect your own semantic kernel if you:
- collect the semantics of competing sites;
- analyze the keys (remove the wrong ones and add the ones you need);
- organize the keys in groups;
Basically, few users manually collect the semantic kernel. We recommend that you use SEO services. They will not only collect and group the keys, but they will also show you their characteristics.
Search engines prefer to rank trusted sites at the top of the results. Trust largely depends on fatherhood. You can greatly improve your positions if you simply indicate who owns the site and who creates the content.
Here are the ways to help readers / visitors, as well as Google search engines, trust you more:
- add an “About us” page with information about the company, its history, contact details, address, members of its team.
- always tag the authors and accompany their names with brief biographical information – this will make them appear more lively and kind;
Mark site pages for search engines
Search bots “see” your site better thanks to several types of markup. Basically, you create a map to show the crawler that you have these pages on your site with these types of content.
With this markup, bots won’t miss any page on the site and will also know what type of content to show in search results.
Google search engine algorithms have only one goal: to give users what they are looking for. The first lists include only the most appropriate remedies that strictly meet the search request.
Here are the characteristics of the content that you should consider to reach the top. Your content should be:
- unique – copy and paste or rewrite will not suffice;
- useful – your content should solve the user’s problem;
- relevant – it should also fix an existing issue of an up-to-date user, but not the issue that was relevant three years ago;
- structured – a good article or message always has a clear division into sections and paragraphs, highlighted captions and important thoughts;
- comprehensive – the content fully covers your topic;
- graphic – we absolutely need pictures and videos. Textual content is much less likely to reach the top.
Also, don’t forget to add meta tags for each page:
Title – it’s a tag with a page title up to 70 symbols long. Users will see it in the snippet header in the SERP.
The description – the brief description of the page is usually found under the title of the excerpt. Limit yourself to 150 words and try not to duplicate the title.
Key words are words by which the page will be promoted.
High quality external links and quotes
If other sites cite your site, it increases your reputation in the search engines. Without dofollow links, you will not advance your site in the search results.
But quality is urgent here. An external link on a reputable and useful site is better than a dozen on third-rate forums. Applying links can have the greatest effect when dealing with new sites. A well-rated old resource and quality links somehow gives them some of its “power” and readers’ trust.
Please pay attention that the referring site must belong to the same thematic area as yours. Otherwise, it will be very suspicious to a search engine if it notices a link to barbecues and grills in the tire fitting in the online children’s store.
You can also post external links on social networks. But in this case, the search engine will take into account not the presence of a link but the appearance of a mark on a social network, which is a good signal that people are interested in you.
Quotes work the same way as external links. Search engines track mentions of your brand (company name, experts, authors). The more such mentions you generate, especially in a positive context, the more likely your site will be promoted in the top search engines.
Many consider SEO to be too tedious, but you will be very surprised at how effective it is in promoting your position on Google. We will not do without SEO treatment if we want to conquer all the peaks, even with massive ads.
We hope our short list of tools will help you promote your site. But we want to repeat it once again, all of these tips work barely half as effectively as their combination. Instead, use SEO promotion holistically, constantly mixing up technical errors, content, semantics, etc.