8:30 a.m. July 19, 2022
Do you run or work in a care service? Are you receiving care and support, or is a family member receiving care and support? Designation of a service or caregiver in the Norfolk Care Award 2022 lets you say thank you and recognize the excellent care services here in Norfolk.
From collaborative care to motivational leadership, the nine categories of the Norfolk Care Awards 2022 provide an opportunity to recognize the best in the local care sector.
After a difficult few years, it is so important to celebrate the incredible work of the individuals and organizations that care for our loved ones.
Nominations close in less than two weeks, Friday, July 29, and organizers encourage anyone who has been impressed with the service or care they have witnessed or experienced to make a nomination so that she can be recognized.
You may work in the care sector and want to nominate a colleague or the organization you work for. You might run a care service and want to recognize your staff. Maybe you received exceptional care and want to show your appreciation. Or maybe you saw the care given to a loved one and want to say thank you.
If you are one of these people, or many others passionate about giving the welfare sector the recognition it deserves, then now is the time to submit your nominations.
“Now really is the time to shout out about Norfolk’s incredible care sector,” said Claire Gilbert, co-director of the awards. “Those who work in the sector know how hard everyone works, they see it every day. We also want to encourage people who have received care or have supervised the care of a loved one to nominate candidates.
If you’ve never submitted a nomination for an award before and aren’t sure what’s required, here are some tips for nominations:
- Be sure to answer each question correctly. Remember that the judges will not necessarily know the service or the person you are nominating, so it is important to describe what they have done to improve quality and the difference it has made for those receiving the service.
- If you nominate someone for an award, explain why they made a difference and what the benefits were for colleagues or people using the service.
- If you are proposing an innovation, it is important to describe the new terrain it is breaking new ground.
“We’re so excited to hear what individuals and organizations are doing in the county,” said Tracy Wharvell, Awards Director. “It’s always great to hear more about the innovative ways the industry is working to create the best care possible, so be sure to submit your submissions by July 29.”
The Norfolk Care Awards 2022 celebration event will take place on Thursday 3 November at the Holiday Inn Norwich Airport and will be hosted by Britain’s Got Talent winner Jon Courteneay.
To make a nomination, visit www.norfolkcareawards.co.uk
Norfolk Care Award Categories
- Deliver excellence through learning and development
- End of life care
- rising star
- Collaboration in care
- Ensure dignified and respectful care
- Social Care Nursing
- Local Care Heroes – Norfolk
- TEAM Awards – Together, everyone achieves more
- Motivational leadership
Visit the website for the complete criteria.